October 23, 2012

Love for my Sponsors

Hi All! I'm super excited that Melanie of My Billie is my large sponsor for October! She's a graphic designer and does some killer DIY posts. Let's get to know her a little better! :)



What made you want to become a graphic designer?
I've always been the creative type, and have gravitated from one medium to the next without ever really finding something I wanted to indefinitely stick with. It's like all the media were in this queue just waiting for their turn. Then it was time for my turn with computer-generated art and design, and what do ya know? It stuck with me! : )

You have some pretty amazing DIY posts - where do you find inspiration for those?
Why thank you! I think DIY is the bee's knees, and I can probably trace my affinity to it from always having a passion to create and "do". While I definitely love pretty things that don't really have a purpose or function, my favorite things to keep around are utilitarian. I want things I create to be useful. While I definitely use Pinterest or DIY blogs to help with inspiration, the main thing I do is figure out where there is some kind of void in my life (i.e., a nagging for new clothes, a prettier space, new cell phone cover, etc). Then I make!

diy marquee letter

Do you think you'll ever create a clothing line?
That's been a dream of mine before...I'm actually a fashion school drop-out! I've created prototypes for a line of rompers and jumpsuits and have done some pretty in-depth planning and design work for a few different lines that never came to fruition. I always try to keep my options open and never fully close a book on any past project. It could happen!

What is your most prized possession?
Maddy, my dog : ) I've never loved anything as much I love her! It's scary and awesome at the same time. I think about how I don't want her to die all of the time, A morbid thought, but it helps me appreciate the time I have with her now.



And lastly...what is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
I'm a big fan of plain, tart-flavored frozen yogurt. When I went to Germany several years back that's what I would get at the Eis shops and I could never find the flavor in America until all these random froyo shops opened up! It's so good with raspberries and mangoes on top!



And I can't forget my other sponsors!



Katherine of Of Corgis & Cocktails // Fritha of Tigerlilly Quin // Erika of Foxtrot Press // Shell of Kitty And Buck // Praew of Praew Channel // Tara of Ewe Have Me In Stitches

&
Sam Kowalczyk // Christa Jae // Moheda Clogs

Thanks ladies for being my October Sponsors! :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh cool, thanks for featuring me in this post! And great interview with Melanie, what a gal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sponsors look like so much fun! And I especially like that photo with the pink gradient. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey DIY marquee is one of my fave and her blog is so wonderful and inspirational

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails // current giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the shout out, lady! and lovely post with melanie… i'm going to check out some her diys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found YOUR blog - good thing I'm in the mood to blog-hop so I can go meet some of these peeps! ha. lots of new ppl to make buddies with! By the way, found your blog from "Kitty and Buck" sidebar! so excited to be following you now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww happy to be amongst such a bunch of cool people! x

    ReplyDelete