January 23, 2013

January Sponsor Love

Hi everyone, I'm so excited to share an interview with my lovely sponsor Moe from Five Sixteenths Blog!

1. You're such a thrifty lady, what would your #1 tip be for someone who's just starting to thrift shop?
My numero uno tip is don't be afraid! It is perfectly normal to step into a shop & think 'what the heck is all of this crap!?!' but don't be afraid to look, hunt, explore, & be creative. You can find so many awesome things if you aren't afraid to think creatively & see past current condition. While I swoon over vintage items & usually don't alter them, there's plenty of reason to make a dress fit better, repaint that table, & turn something blah into something wonderful. Don't be afraid to take a chance, often times you can spruce up that $2 table or totally pull off the .99 cent shirt.

five sixteenths blog

2. Do you have a favorite thrifted find?
This is a super hard question! You wouldn't believe how many times I've squealed over something awesome that we've stumbled upon, but my favorite growing collection has to be our camera collection. I started off with a few cheap-o thrifted cameras that I thought looked cool, then as Zach & I got into hunting down things we came upon a bunch of them. They are really interesting because they come in all sorts of shapes. We've also expanding to include anything film related so not only do we have a collection of still cameras, but a few home movie cameras & projectors.

3. You're also a designer, which I find awesome. What's your design style?
I'd have to say my design style involves modern simplicity with a touch of nostalgia. Its a constant battle between new & old for me in everything I do! But currently I'm drawn to bold, sans serif fonts with a bit of script fonts mixed in for whimsy. I'm going through a black & white phase too! Every part of branding the design shop is black & white. Simple & straight forward. I hope it really puts emphasis on the designs available. My new stationery line is also a mix of modern & classic. I started on a few invitation designs which really emphasize my love of vintage! The first set I designed really had some victorian inspired details!

five sixteenths blog

4. What is your favorite part of blogging? My favorite part of blogging is connecting with others. I love reading other's stories & being inspired! So being honest & sharing my story as honestly as possible so to be inspiring to others is really important to me. For me, blogging isn't only about documenting my life but sharing it with others. It's great to know there are others who have the same struggles, laughs, & stages as you have. Makes this life seem less crazy!

5. And lastly, what is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
My favorite flavor of ice cream is Mint Chocolate Chip!! Yum!

Thanks so much for being my featured sponsor, Moe!! :)


And I can't forget my other sponsors!

january sponsors

PB&J Boutique // Melanie of My Billie // Kitty of Kitty & Buck // Fritha of Tigerlilly Quinn // Katherine of Of Corgis & Cocktails // Nikki of Ginger Diaries // Erika of Foxtrot Press // Sam Kowalczyk // Moheda Clogs

5 comments:

  1. Your sponsors are so cute! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kyla! I love how you put the images together :) There's a couple of new faces to check out as well!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the blog love! Headed to check out some of these lovely ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never expected her answer to be thrifted cameras! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete