February 25, 2013

February Sponsor Love

Hi everyone, I'm so excited to share an interview with my lovely sponsor Anne from Anne the Adventurer! Anne's blog is all about discover adventure in everyday life, and is truly a great read.


anne the adventurer

I love your blog's motto, Discovering Adventure in Everyday Life. Is this your everyday motto as well?
Yes, absolutely. I founded Anne the Adventurer back in 2010 as a way to document my post-college life. Having just graduated, I was really in a slump. I missed my friends, and was having trouble finding a job. I found that focusing on finding purpose and intention in my everyday life was a great way to stay motivated and positive when life got difficult. It is really easy to be passive in life and just coast by, especially when the going gets rough. Setting intentions to seek out purpose and adventure-like stories in my everyday life helped me feel like I wasn't lost, but rather, on a new road in my life's journey. One of my favorite quotes is "Not all who wander are lost." I see it everyday when I wake up, and it motivates me to stay purposeful. I want my blog to inspire and challenge my readers to do the same.

I really enjoy your travel posts. Where is your favorite place you've visited?
I really love the Napa Valley in California. My husband and I are really big wine lovers, and we've been to Napa several times. We even went there on our honeymoon. It is so peaceful and charming. The people that live and work there in the wine industry work really, really hard. It is a tangible example to me of the American ideal of making one's own way in the world. The landscape has an ethereal beauty to it, and the culture of wine has the power to transport you to years past. One of my favorite lines in a movie is from Bottleshock, which is about the Napa Valley. Alan Rickman's character says, "The smell of the vineyard like in a hailing birth, it awakens some ancestral, some primordial... anyway, some deeply imprinted and probably subconscious place in my soul." I couldn't agree more with this statement. It is a beautiful and enchanting place.

anne the adventurer

Where would you most like to visit if you could go anywhere?
I would love to go to Scotland. My family has deep roots in Scotland, and I would love to spend time in the lush and rolling landscape. It just looks so beautiful, and the culture so engaging.

If you could give advice to your younger self when you started your blog, what would it be?
I would tell myself to have faith in my passions, talents, and skills. In the beginning, I was really hard on myself for not being an instant success. I am a perfectionist and an overachiever, and tend to give in to an all-or-nothing approach when I feel the pressure to be perfect. In the last year, I've learned so much about self-love and getting in touch with my authentic self, and my blog has grown and developed so much because of it. I can tell that my readers respond to posts where I am honest and vulnerable, which was a hard lesson to learn.

anne the adventurer

And finally, what is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
I am a cookie dough fan, through and through.


Thanks again Anne for being my sponsor this month! :)


And I can't forget my other sponsors!

february sponsors

Katherine of Of Corgis & Cocktails // Nikki of The Ginger Diaries // Malin of Sweet Spot Bags // Danica of Good Heart // Melanie of My Billie Designs // Erika of Foxtrot Press // Fritha of Tigerlilly Quinn // Kitty of Kitty & Buck // Sam Kowalczyk // Moheda Clogs

No comments:

Post a Comment