June 7, 2013

Recipe | White Bean Dip

I don’t normally share recipes on my blog that I create, but I really do love to cook! My problem is I always get too hungry and forget to photograph whatever I’m making. However, I wanted to share with you one of my favorite snack foods, white bean dip with corn tortillas. My friend gave me this recipe last year and it's a go-to for entertaining. The corn tortillas can be substituted for flour tortillas, but I am trying to cut as much gluten out of my diet as possible, so I’m going with corn. This is a super-simple recipe, yet is packed with flavor. I dare you not to enjoy it!

kyla is inspired | white bean dip & corn tortilla chips kyla is inspired | white bean dip & corn tortilla chips

Ingredients for dip & tortillas:
  • 2 cans of cannellini beans
  • 1/3 cup olive oil (DOUBLE CHECK)
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • ½ teaspoon pepper
  • Pinch of salt
  • Fresh parsley
  • 4 Corn tortillas
  • Pinch of cayenne pepper
Directions for dip
  1. Drain white beans completely
  2. Chop up garlic into small pieces
  3. Place beans, olive oil, salt, pepper, and cayenne into blender and mix until slightly coarse in texture
  4. Transfer dip into bowl
  5. Add some fresh parsley on top for decoration
Directions for tortilla chips
  1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F
  2. Cut tortillas into triangle shapes
  3. Cover a baking sheet in aluminum foil and arrange tortillas in a single layer
  4. Drizzle with olive oil
  5. Sprinkle each tortilla chip with salt, pepper and cayenne
  6. Bake chips for about 5-7 minutes, or until the edges begin to get crispy


kyla is inspired | white bean dip & corn tortilla chips

Then serve & enjoy! :)

Looking for a party idea? Why not host a ladies’ poker night? Ever since going to Foxwoods for the first time last year, I have really enjoyed gambling and table games. (some of my favorite other snack options include guacamole & gluten-free chocolate cookies. These would also be an ideal snack to serve during the game. Personally, I think this is the perfect snack to make if you’re having a party. It’s light, refreshing, and seems to please most people. A fun break while playing!

kyla is inspired | white bean dip & corn tortilla chips

Not into poker? No problem! This delicious dip can be served almost anywhere, for whatever kind of party you’re hosting! I do recommend hosting a ladies’ poker night though – think Desperate Housewives ;)

What are your favorite snack ideas to serve at a weekend party?

This post is in collaboration with Poker Listings.

8 comments:

  1. Bean dip AND tortilla chips?! Over achiever! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom makes a similar white bean dip with toasted pita chips - it's so delish. I will have to try your recipe out!

    xx, Bubbly in Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm this looks delicious, Kyla! I love a great dip for warm summer days when you're munching on pita and tortilla chips in the park!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing this!! This really sounds delicious and easy to make! Definitely trying this out!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! I am definitely going to try out this recipe soon! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely keeping this recipe to try out later. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would love to make these! Perfect for playing board games with friends! :D

    ReplyDelete